A little bit longer

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by S. R..
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Mayormorgan

Soooo I called and confirmed the lottery results will not be posted till “late April”!!! No date they could give but there you have it.

• #1888 Reply
      kmf

NO!!!!

• #1995 Reply
      Momof2inCPS

My child was scheduled to take an elementary selective enrollment test when the snow storm hit in February. That test was rescheduled. The make up test is tomorrow. They usually release the neighborhood, magnet, classical & gifted seats on the same day. It’s usually late in the afternoon on the 3rd Friday in April or about a month after they release the high school SEES info. I wouldn’t be surprised if the change in test date pushes back the release of seats.

• #2884 Reply
      60649mom

Momof2incps, thanks for your insight. When I look at cpsobsessed from spring 2017, it appears that parents received notice for lottery and sees results on the first Monday in April (4/3/2017). Was that just an unusual year?

• #3769 Reply
      KCK
      Participant

@60649mom

Notification letters were mailed the last week of March in previous years except last year!

• #5679 Reply
      confused

Is it true that letters for elementary will be sent on April 30th?

• #5680 Reply
      I don’t want to wait until the end of April

@confused Nothing has been posted about when elementary letters will be available.

I believe the schools already have their lists. I got an email from a school at the end of January. It said, thanks for applying to Jahn. They have tours every Wednesday at 8:30am. That was followed by please let me know if you are accepting or declining the offer so I can save your spot or offer to another family. Thanks in advance and Welcome to the Jahn family.

Does anyone know if they would have sibling lottery lists yet? I got a call from my child’s school saying they saw my younger child was going to be at the school next year.

• #5981 Reply
      S. R.

Letters will be posted 4/27. They are usually posted right after high school notices go out, the following week.

Info just went up on CPS website, shortly after high school letters were released.

Viewing 7 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #3769 in A little bit longer
Your information:

Cancel