About second round

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Vicky

Did anyone receive second round offer yet?

• #14443 Reply
      cps thoughts

Some offers should have gone live this morning, and others will tomorrow at 8 am. It is possible to receive more than one SEES offer in Round 2, so if you receive an offer from a school that is NOT your 1st choice, you should contact your preferred school to see if they have made offers yet (offers go live at 8am the day after schools actually hit the “make offer” button). For example, a student might receive an offer from Morton today, but Skinner North might be set to make an offer the next day. If you were to accept the Morton offer, you would be removed from SN’s waitlist, which would prevent you from receiving the offer you were due to receive. Also, note that Monday is a federal holiday, so that will extend your decision time within the 48 business hours deadline.

• #14444 Reply
        cps thoughts

Also, note that Monday is a federal holiday, so that will extend your decision time within the 48 business hours deadline.

Clarifying: If you received an offer today, the deadline is Wednesday at 8 am. If you receive an offer tomorrow, the accept/decline deadline is Thursday at 8 am.

• #14447 Reply
      ES

Received an offer today for 2nd grade at Bell RGC. Already declined, someone else will get it soon.

• #14448 Reply
      Lakeview mom

Received an offer for 2nd grade at Bell RGC today and happily accepted.

• #14456 Reply
      Pediyo

We got an offer as well but heard some controversial things about the principal and her aggressive pro-transgendered agenda. Not against equal rights or anything but wondering if it’s a bit much for k-2 kids…?

• #14459 Reply
        Petra

What school is this? And what sort of activities fall under the umbrella of “aggressive pro-transgendered [sic] agenda” in your view?

• #14460 Reply
      Pediyo

Bell. Maybe aggressive is not the right word but starting sex education too early, hiring a gender-neutral music teacher who shows 1st graders Lady Gaga music videos, etc.

• #14465 Reply
        ES

Sex education is part of CPS curriculum from Kindergarten now, but parents are given a lesson by lesson syllabus and an option to opt out, if you do not like it. It is very age appropriate, but you can opt out your kid, if you do not like it.

There are a lot of schools with gender non-conforming staff, which represents our society as a whole.  Additionally, it is a protected characteristic when hiring decisions are made.

• #14475 Reply
      Vicky

Got offer from Decatur today! Any one going to Decatur kinder? We are still thinking if  we will accept it. Everything is good for us.Commute is only problem. Is that worth to take 40mins to school?

• #14477 Reply
        cps_life
        Participant

If there is bus, it’s not that bad of a commute.

It’s a classic school where your child gets to learn some Latin, which I think is great.

It’s a very good school with excellent faculties and many dedicated parents.

Very little homework assignments. Not sure if it’s a good thing but doesn’t appear to have an ill effects to the graduates moving on to academic center and high school.

Overall a very safe place, kinda like a large daycare.

• #14482 Reply
        PD

Hi Vicky,

Can I know your kid’s score by any chance? Want to know where do we stand in terms of the waitlist. Thanks.

• #14483 Reply
          Vicky

reading:99.9

math:61

• #14486 Reply
            ES

Did you mean math 91?

• #14487 Reply
              Vicky

No , 61. I am surprised too. Because her math was not good. And she got three classical offers.

• #14491 Reply
      ES

Is this for kindergarten? What tier are you?

• #14499 Reply
        Vicky

Yes . Kindergarten. Tier 2

• #14492 Reply
      Jagdish

Looking if others got second round offers from a SEES with the following scores:

Reading: 96

Math: 68

RGC: 115

• #14496 Reply
        Jagdish

This is for first grade.

• #14494 Reply
      mom

So does my kid have hope for any 2nd round offers:  Reading 91, Math 68, RG=123

• #14495 Reply
        mom

This is for 5th grade

• #14497 Reply
      Kindermama

We got no offers round 1

Reading 98, Math 66

RGC 117

kindergarten, tier 3

received 2nd round offer Bronzeville Classical (accepted) Sat 6/18

I thought once you accept a SEES, you are no longer on SEES waitlist?

Just received call from NTA Regional Gifted today with offer, so I guess that’s not the case

• #14498 Reply
      Supermom

I believe in the second round you can get more than one offer. Are you considering NTA?

Does anyone know if you can decline an offer accepted in the first round to be put on the waitlist for the other SEES schools you selected? Or are you already removed from the list.

• #14502 Reply
      Kindermama

likely sticking with Bronzeville.  Really like the principal there & good current parent feedback.

I never got a chance to tour NTA or get much parent feedback.  There is a little part of me that is questioning switching.  I wish I had a better grasp on the classical vs regional gifted.  Any insight / advice greatly appreciated.  I have until Tuesday am

• #14544 Reply
        jazzman

RGC are supposed to teach 2 yrs ahead vs Classical 1 year ahead but it all depends on the school and parental involvement. BCS is what I would call a public private school.  Great parent support with administration and staff. They also fund raise for anything additional they not need but want.

• #14525 Reply
      Kate

We received a Round 2 offer on Saturday for Bell, kindergarten (Tier 4), RGC score 139 & are planning to accept.

• #14540 Reply
      coolmom

Got an offer from Bronzeville (on 07.08) but will be declining.

Tier 2.

FYI

• #14545 Reply
        jazzman

turning down BCS ? Is that due to travel or unsure about the school because its new?

• #14548 Reply
          coolmom

Hi, due to travel. We are northsiders and applied to keep all options possible, but now we have secured a spot at a local school (non SES but very good option) and BCS would be a very long commute…

• #14549 Reply
            jazzman

very understandable did you do a tour of BCS? Its a fantastic school

• #14543 Reply
      RRparent Tier 2

Did anyone get any information about Bronzeville when they received an offer, particularly after first round? I got a robocall  on Saturday and email, but no messaging from the school yet.

• #14550 Reply
      CB202
      Participant

Hello! Has anyone received offers from Alcott, Inter-american or Tubman for Kinder? If so, would you mind sharing your WL number? Curious to see where we might be given our WL haven’t moved since mid-May despite getting offers. Thanks!

• #14551 Reply
        cps thoughts

The WL numbers aren’t updating. Schools are just moving down the list and stay the same. If you email OAE, they can tell you your true number.

I don’t think Alcott has made any offers (they probably are full just from neighborhood kids), and you’d have a better shot at any dual language program if you’re on the Spanish-speaking list.

• #14553 Reply
      Wally

Anyone have any insight into LaSalle II vs. Pritzker RGC?

• #14557 Reply
      DecaturMom

Son currently attending Decatur and received an offer from Beaubien RGC for 4th grade. Is it worth the switch? Any insights into curriculum advancement at Beaubien? Is it 1 grade level or 2 grade levels? Thank you!

Viewing 18 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #14525 in About second round
Your information:

Cancel