Home Forums Chicago Public Schools (CPS) Sign Up for 2019-2020 CPS Application Info

• This topic has 10 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Hopefulmom.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

CPS is compiling email lists for anyone interested in announcements regarding the 2019-2020 application season.  Typically CPS applications open the first Monday in October and close the 2nd Friday in December, but for non-CPS students interested in applying, CPS has had some pre-requisite testing done in September in past years.

https://go.cps.edu/contact

from go.cps.edu:

SUBSCRIBE FOR SY 2019-20

If you have a student applying to attend a CPS high school, elementary school or magnet pre-k program in 2019-20, subscribe to our mailing list to receive important information and updates about the application process.

• #8574 Reply
      CASSIE J MAXWELL

Interested in PreK application dates. Thanks!

• #8680 Reply

Information was released for rising non-CPS 8th graders interested in applying for choice CPS high schools for Fall 2019-2020 entry. https://cps.edu/sitecollectiondocuments/gocps/GoCPS-NWEA-NonCPSRegistration.pdf

• #9146 Reply
      CPS Interested

Hi, We have two kids in pre K at a catholic school. I have been applying to the PreK programs through CPS the last two years and was waitlisted both times. I logged in yesterday to apply to the 2019-2020 year for my older kid who will enter kindergarten. Somehow the screen does not advance past the first one where it asks you for current grade. Everything is grayed out and I cant select anything. Has anybody started applying for 2019-2020

Thanks

• #9147 Reply
        CP

I had this problem for my children as well. I called the Office of Access and Enrollment, and they were able to make updates to the grayed out areas while I was on the phone.

• #9148 Reply
        ParentOfThree

To further confirm, I had the same problem and was able to have them fix it by sending an email to gocps@cps.edu with a response from oae@cps.edu

• #9269 Reply
      Nicole DeRosa

Hi there,

We have applied for Preschool for both of our daughters and have been waitlisted every time. My youngest daughter will be attending preK4 in the fall. How can I be sure to get her a spot in CPS so that my kids can be at the same school?

Thanks for your help.

• #9276 Reply
      Karen KF

When is the application open for preschool aged 3-4 year olds? I understand tot it is soon? Thank you!

• #9282 Reply
      Heidi Milby-Lopez

When is the open application for pre-k 3-4 year olds for 2019/2020?

Thanks

• #9283 Reply
        Hopefulmom

looks like they are open now

Viewing 6 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #9147 in Sign Up for 2019-2020 CPS Application Info
Your information:

Cancel