Spring 2018- CPS ES Results

Home Forums Chicago Public Schools (CPS) CPS Elementary Schools Spring 2018- CPS ES Results

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Please post your results from the 2018-2019 application period.  CPS switched to GoCPS this past fall 2017 and will release results on April 27, 2018 via the application portal.

First round results due May 11, 2018.

• #5963 Reply
      cpsmom33

FYI: I called SEES office today and was told elementary school acceptance letters, which include academic centers, will go out/be available online Apr. 27.

• #5964 Reply
      S. R.

What? An entire month after high school letters! That’s ridiculous and already making a stressful process even more horrible.

• #6022 Reply
        Faye

I put a call in to them to ask what the protocol is for families with incoming 7th graders and incoming 9th graders. Our high schooler needs to accept offers by April 13th when we don’t know where our 7th grader is going. It’s totally unfair to not have all of the information before making a decision! If anyone else is in that situation, I encourage you to call and complain too. Maybe something will be done?

• #6035 Reply
          S. R.

Please forward to all parties affected. Tweet @janicejackson @ChiPubSchools @ChicagosMayor @Suntimes @chicagotribune @nbcchicago @ABC7chicago @cbschicago. Maybe if enough people do it we can do something

• #6036 Reply
      LSmom

It’s annoying that CPS puts out elementary results so late, but it’s how they’ve always done it. Last year, high school came out in early March and elementary school in early April.

• #6037 Reply
      S. R.

Ben Bradley
      Ben Bradley
      @BenBradleyTV
      ·
      2m
      Replying to @simona041205
      Can you email me this info and whether any parents are willing to talk on camera about the impact? BBradley@wgntv.com

Ben Bradley willing to take up the story! Anyone affected please email him if willing to speak on camera

• #6118 Reply
      LR

I agree that this is very late for notifications. 2 years ago we were notified about Academic Centers the first week of April. My question for the OAE is if they cannot send notifications out, could they at least send test score results? My guess is that the hold up has to do with programming and making sure that students are appropriately placed into the highest school they qualify for. It’s probably a bit more complicated with all the schools in one place. However, they must have the scores at this point. So, if parents could just have the score, it would give us some idea as to whether we should hold our breath or not (based on last year’s entrance scores).

• #6693 Reply
      Laura Baginski

Hi all! As we (including me) continue to wait for those dang results, take a look at this article that Grace Sawin, the owner of this site, wrote for NPN about what to expect from CPS notification letters.

https://www.npnparents.org/posts/1177,what-to-expect-from-cps-notification-letters

Viewing 6 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #5964 in Spring 2018- CPS ES Results
Your information:

Cancel