Will be a delay in sending offers on March 27?

Home Forums CPS High Schools Selective Enrollment High Schools (SEHS) Will be a delay in sending offers on March 27?

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Anna

Hello Parents. We are in this awful situation cuz of virus, things get cancelled and closed for weeks. I am thinking that CPS will get close eventually to. Could that potentially delay sending results of entrance exam and offers to selective high schools on March 27 ? Or you feel very confident that we will receive offers that day?
      This waiting for results and offers is so excruciating !
      We do not even know if we have a chance for any of selective high school because our child took the entrance exam in January and we do not know how she did on that exam.

• #10497 Reply
      New to CPS

I’m wondering the same.  I fear it will be postponed.

• #10498 Reply
      ES

You can try calling OAE. I am sure there will be some announcement.

• #10499 Reply
      8thGradeMom

Response from CPS:

As of today’s date, ninth grade results will be released on March 27th.
      Sincerely,
      Karen Burroughs Hannsberry
      Communications Manager, Office of Access and Enrollment

• #10500 Reply
      8thGradeMom

Ignoring the mess above, per an email inquiry, the office said as of today the results will be released on 3/27. Time will tell.

• #10501 Reply
      NewToCPS

I spoke to someone today who said the office of OAD is open.  It is separate.  They are prepared to release the results as planned.  At this point who cares.   Crazy times,

• #10502 Reply
      Worried

NewToCPS, you are right. Situation changed dramatically since I placed my post. So if they release results as they originally planned, I will be very grateful. Everyone lives in a total limbo now with work,school,etc. Of course other things are more important then getting offers from CPS but if we get results, we will get one stress out of our shoulders. More then ever, we want to get some answers, meet deadline ,etc. We do not know how long this horrible virus will last 😢.

• #10503 Reply
      NewToCPS

Right, so much has changed since applications were due.  I am not sure dd would have put her first choice first given the commute now with this virus which will impact fall also I’m told.

• #10504 Reply
      #Trying2BCalm

I honestly think results will come out as scheduled.  The admission determinations are automated and, as the earlier post noted, OAE is busy at work.

• #10505 Reply
      8thGradeMom

Now with the Stay at Home Order…From  CPS: We also recognize that there remain issues to resolve such as grade promotions, ADMISSIONS TO SELECTIVE SCHOOLS,….

ugh

• #10508 Reply
      ES

I hope by adnissions issues they mean cancellation of NWEA in Spring for current 7th graders, not the upcoming notofocations for current 8th graders?

• #10509 Reply
      ES

Did not proofread before submitting, sorry for all the fat finger typos

• #10510 Reply
      ES

The results will be posted tomorrow!!!

• #10521 Reply
      AnxiouslyAwaiting

The person above is correct, CPS sent an email today! Results will be posted between 5 and 11:59 PM!

• #10522 Reply
      JM

My daughter is counting down the hours. Can’t wait until this process is behind us!
      I wonder if (hope) most results will be posted nearer to 5pm rather than midnight.

• #10523 Reply
      Waiting

Last year they were realized around 5. In years prior they were a couple of hours early.

• #10524 Reply
      Waiting

*released

• #10525 Reply
      jazzman

when are academic center results going to be released?

• #10527 Reply

Academic Center notifications will come with the elementary schools, which is on April 24, most likely after 5pm.  A long wait!

• #10526 Reply

Please feel free to post high school results here: https://chicagoschooloptions.com/forums/topic/spring-2020-cps-hs-offers/

Viewing 18 reply threads
Reply To: Reply #10500 in Will be a delay in sending offers on March 27?
Your information:

Cancel