2024-2025 CPS Preschool Results

Home Forums Chicago Public Schools (CPS) CPS Preschools Early Learning PreK 2024-2025 CPS Preschool Results

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Chicago Early Learning Preschool results have been released for early applicants and will be released within 24-48 hours for new applicants. Post your results below and feel free to ask others about their experiences with various programs.

Check out https://www.cps.edu/ChicagoEarlyLearning

What to Do When You Receive Your Offer Letter
      After submitting your child’s application, families will receive placement notifications at the email used for your guardian login within two business days of applying. Please keep an eye on your email notifications after you apply. Offers may expire based on the program’s availability of open seats.

Your child’s offer letter will be for the top available program in your ranking. If you have an offer, we strongly recommend accepting it, even if you are waitlisted at a site you ranked higher.

You can accept an offer while remaining on the waitlist for another school. If an opening becomes available at your top choice, you’ll be notified and receive an offer letter for your preferred program.

Families can resubmit their application if they would like to change the order of their choices or add additional programs (up to a total of five program choices). Please keep in mind that you will be resubmitting your applications to ALL programs on your list.

Families can accept offer letters year-round. There are four ways to accept or decline your offer.

4 Ways to Accept or Decline Your Placement Offer
      Online by logging into your account at ChicagoEarlyLearning.org
      Call our Family Support Hotline at 312-229-1690
      Call the school where your child was offered a seat
      Visit the school in-person

• #17428 Reply

Apparently Drummond issued acceptances to all those who applied for PK3 but then had to retract those offers later that day after realizing the mistake.

• #17442 Reply
      Lisa W

Disappointed that we were waitlisted at ALL of our 5 of our pre-K selections (4YO), any idea of our chances of getting off a waitlist for any of the following? Or if there’s anything we can do to secure a spot somewhere??

Blaine – 52

Mayer – 49

Pulaski – 86

Hamilton – 57

Tubman – 11

Per their emails and Facebook posts: “Ranking your top FIVE early learning programs this year should prevent your child from landing on a waitlist altogether. Still, IF your child is waitlisted after applying, call the Chicago Early Learning Hotline for assistance in changing your program choices on your application.”

I’ve tried calling Chicago Early Learning and get a different – and not helpful – answer every time I call!

• #17445 Reply
        RC

I’d swap some of your less preferred and/or higher waitlist options with a program that has more seats to fill, like some of the early childhood centers or schools that have a separate PreK branch campus: Alcott, Audubon, Beard, Catalpa, Fisher, Peirce, and Stock are the ones I’m aware of on the north side. Alternatively, target schools that only offer full-day programs. If there are half-day students returning for PK4 this year, they may be filling all or most of a school’s full-day seats.

• #17449 Reply
          Lisa W

Thanks for the response, RC! I called back again and got a completely different answer. I was able to drop our application to Hamilton and get on the wait list at Alcott.

Blaine – 51

Mayer – 49

Pulaski – 86

Tubman – 11

Alcott – 1

I wish there was something – anything – we can do to improve our chances at our favorite schools. It’s insane how much time and effort we put into making spreadsheets, touring schools, weighing our options, etc. and then it’s just a random lottery.

• #17464 Reply
            RC

Unfortunately a lot of programs just don’t have enough seats to meet demand, and since there’s no readily available information about how in-demand a program is or how many PreK seats a school has to fill, it’s hard to make strategic application choices. We considered a nearby school that I know has moderate to high demand until I learned they only have 1 PreK classroom (20 seats). We don’t have the income or housing status to receive priority in admissions- no sibling preference or attendance area bonus either. All that considered, we would have never stood a chance at an offer, so we left it off our list entirely.

With a waitlist number of 1 at Alcott, hopefully you’ll receive an offer soon and at least won’t be stuck on waitlists for every program anymore- good luck!

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: 2024-2025 CPS Preschool Results
Your information: