PreK 2023-2024

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Emily Sawyer

I found all the info regarding the application process for K-9 2023-2024, however, when does the application process for PreK 2023-2024 open up?

• #15191 Reply
      cps-thoughts

Spring 2023, probably April.

• #15212 Reply

All 3 year old (mainly community based Chicago sites) and 4 year old (CPS hosted) preschools for Fall 2023 will be applied to via the Chicago Early Learning website in Spring 2023: https://www.cps.edu/ChicagoEarlyLearning

Chicago’s Universal PreK offers FREE preschool for all 4 year olds

• #15213 Reply
        cps-thoughts

CPS offers free half-day PreK for 3-year-olds at many of their sites. Drummond and Suder have historically offered free full-day PK3, but it’s unclear if that will still be the case now that they’ve moved to the Chicago Early Learning application.

• #15383 Reply
      petersonmama
      Participant

Do people usually get a spot at one of their 5 choices? The schools by my house are not so great but 10 minutes left is the forest glen area, and they’re opening up an early learning center in edgebrook. I’m not sure if I should hold out or secure a spot at QAS.

• #15467 Reply

Chicago Early Learning applications for the 2023-2024 school year open on 4/11/23 at https://cps.schoolmint.com/login

There is an “Initial Application Period” of about 3 weeks, and then the first round of offers are made in early May. After that, program sites will conduct rolling waitlists or show as “full” or “available” and can work through their waitlists well into the school year.

Helpful application video can be found mid-page here: https://www.cps.edu/ChicagoEarlyLearning/how-to-apply/

In the last year or two, families typically received one of their 5 options but the free 4 year old Universal PreK program was less well known than now.

• #16595 Reply
      Betty1419

We were waitlisted at all 5 of our pre-K selections (4YO), any idea of our chances of getting off a waitlist for any of the following?

Beaubian-16 (this is our districted school)

Wildwood-8

Belding-40

Norwood Park-24

Also, I have heard mixed things about Wildwood… would it be worth getting off their list and trying for another option?

This is our first time around and we were definitely a bit deflated. I know that we weren’t guaranteed to get our top options but nothing in the city’s info seemed to indicate that we might not get a spot at at all… also our spot on the waitlists went down since the initial results on Friday. It’s really hard to know how to plan for the fall!

• #16620 Reply
        Tiffany

Ugh so sorry! I don’t have any answers but am in solidarity! We were waitlisted at our districted school, too.

• #16625 Reply
          Betty1419

Definitely a bit disappointing that there was nothing in the communications that this might be a possibility. But on the other hand, glad to see that more people are taking advantage of this program. Does anyone know if there is a list of schools that do have spots? Might be worth researching options outside of our area. Good luck with the waitlist this summer!

Viewing 5 reply threads
Reply To: PreK 2023-2024
Your information: