Proximity

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      chicagomom23
      Participant

Can someone tell me if proximity plays a role in getting accepted to a RGC.  Do I have a better chance applying to one closer to me?

• #10829 Reply
      ES

No, it is merit-based.

• #10831 Reply
      Chicagomom23

Thanks for that quick response!  I’m confused as to how my rankings could have affected acceptance. For example, if more people put a certain school as 1 would be it better to put a school that people may not want as much at 1?!

• #10856 Reply
      Chicago Born

Your rankings should not impact your chance at RGC.  What were your child’s test scores and school rankings?

• #10952 Reply
        LakeviewMom

Second that. I specifically called CPS to inquire about it. Ranking only matters when your child has high enough score to be accepted to more than one school, in which case they would be accepted in the highest ranked. It gives you a peace of mind when you put together the rankings.

• #10884 Reply
      Chicagomom23

<p style=”text-align: left;”>RGC: 131</p>

1. Edison
      2. Bell
      3. McPherson

• #10886 Reply
      malo
      Participant

Which grade does your child entering?

• #10887 Reply
      Chicagomom23

kindergarten 

tier 4

• #10888 Reply
      ChicagoBorn

<p style=”text-align: center;”>@chicagomom23</p>
      <p style=”text-align: left;”>Tier4 is the highest and would require higher RGC scores than tier 1-3.  What was your child’s RGC score?</p>
      From what I’ve seen on older threads and from the other site cpsobsessed that closed is 148 and higher got tier4 students into the top 2 schools you listed minus McPherson as I am not familiar with that school.

• #10889 Reply
      ChicagoBorn

Chicagomom23, Tier4 is the highest and would require higher RGC scores than tier 1-3.  What was your child’s RGC score?
      From what I’ve seen on older threads and from the other site cpsobsessed that closed is 148 and higher got tier4 students into the top 2 schools you listed minus McPherson as I am not familiar with that school.

• #10890 Reply
      ChicagoBorn

<p style=”text-align: left;”>To add tier4 seemed to need RGC 148 or higher for round1 offers.  later rounds it may go down depending on round1 offer acceptance rates.</p>

• #10916 Reply
      Chicagomom23

I see.  He got 131 for RGC.

• #10919 Reply
      Chicago Born

That score is a possible tier4 offer to RGC for later rounds. I saw this year in the kindergarten thread a tier4 got into Edison with 146. So good luck with later rounds with 131, might be possible.  It’s really hard to know because of all the families that apply it is not like everyone comes to this site to say what scores and tier got them in.

Best of luck,  131 is definitely a maybe. Also I heard after round 3 they do not go off of tiers just highest score.

Viewing 11 reply threads
Reply To: Proximity
Your information: