Waitlist Question

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Ben

I expected the waitlist to begin moving yesterday (4/14) but instead the option to view the waitlists disappeared from the dashboard. What’s going on? Is this normal? I can still access the results page via my internet history but nothing on it has changed.

• #15802 Reply
      MomOf2

Rolling waitlist opens on 4/24.

• #15804 Reply
      ConfusedByItAll

Based on the CPS website, waitlists are updated once a week (not quite sure what day that is). Also, I inquired about the results/waitlist page, as well, and they advised that it should be posted again and to check back periodically, so I don’t think it is normal that it disappeared.  Good luck to you. We are anxiously awaiting a change in our waitlist status as well, if at all. 

• #16209 Reply
      plm

The ‘rolling waitlist’ seems to be up but all results are closed. I think I was expecting to see if there was any movement, but do you only find out if you get an offer from a phone call at this point?

• #16221 Reply
      Waitingpatiently

The RW is moving. Looks like we moved up in line, as well as Lane and Payton.

We applied for Principal discretion and waiting to hear from them on Friday.

Anyone know how PD works?

Will the principal look at every application?

• #16224 Reply
      plm

What tier are you? Looks like tier 4 has not moved at Lane or Northside.

• #16228 Reply
        yumiko

It has. Im Tier 4 and I moved up 15 spots for Northside, and 9 spots for Lane.

• #16231 Reply
      Waitingpatiently

I’m tier 2

• #16232 Reply
      plm

Wondering if higher up on the list there are fewer people to withdrawal which is why perhaps it’s not moving…

• #16260 Reply
      waiting—

Does anyone know how Principal discretion decisions appear? I got the “application submitted successfully” email but it isn’t part of the submitted applications in the portal. All I see are the initial applications and the rolling waitlist.

• #16301 Reply
        ET

Supposed to be Friday.

• #16262 Reply
      Dez

So, does a number 1 sibling waitlist spot mean that my child should be the first to receive an offer from the RW or does that mean he would be last to receive an offer? I’ve heard conflicting things.

• #16266 Reply
        cps-thoughts

Siblings always get preference over any other applicants. If you’re #1 on the Sibling waitlist, you’ll be first to receive an offer.

• #16428 Reply
      NaNa

Does anyone konw the RW mean waiting list number is 4 tier 4?

• #16470 Reply
      Mom

Hello parents, New to all this. Did they even open RW for Payton? I see it grey. What does that mean? Also, does one have to decline the current offer to enroll in RW?

• #16526 Reply
        Cpsgraddad

Anyone get offer phone calls yet from Waitlisted tiers???

• #16525 Reply
      Cpsgraddad

Do not withdraw from a offered slot to enter the RW..

• #16537 Reply
      Neeners

The waitlists are moving. We got a call about the Amundsen IB program.

• #16538 Reply
      Kemi

Does anyone know when school with Rolling waitlists are meant to release their decisions?

• #17514 Reply
      CW

Does anyone know why you would make it to the first seat #1 on a waitlist and then drop to #4?

• #17515 Reply
        ES
        Participant

Yes, this would happen if someone with a higher score than yours added themselves to the rolling waitlist for the same school.

Viewing 15 reply threads
Reply To: Waitlist Question
Your information: