Wide Gap between Non-Verbal and Verbal RGC Scores

Home Forums Chicago Public Schools (CPS) CPS Elementary Schools Selective Enrollment Elementary Schools (SEES) Wide Gap between Non-Verbal and Verbal RGC Scores

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      PreK Mom

I’ve been trying to make sense of what seems like a significant gap between my Pre-K child’s verbal and non-verbal testing scores…the non-verbal score was more than 2x higher than the verbal score. Is that large of a gap expected at the Pre-K age? How similar were your child’s verbal and non-verbal scores?

• #17488 Reply
      ChiMama

This is the first year (that I know of) that they reported the verbal and non-verbal subscales. These tests aren’t diagnostic and CPS doesn’t disclose what they use. It’s hard to know how many tests are on the subscales they use. Test scores (even when a full test in a diagnostic setting) at this young of age can fluctuate a bit.
      From your description that sounds like a very large split. But hard to know if that is an accurate representation. You’d need a full cognitive assessment to get clear feedback on what if anything that split means for your individual child.

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: Wide Gap between Non-Verbal and Verbal RGC Scores
Your information: