CPS recently announced the date for 8th graders to hear about first round notifications. This is considered the “Selection” phase per GoCPS and here is their info:
The first activity in the Selection phase will be the release of Round 1 high school results on March 29, 2019.
Families who applied using the online application site will receive their results via their online GoCPS account. Families who applied with a paper application will receive a letter via U.S. mail. Paper applicant families will also be able to receive their results via an online GoCPS account that was created for them by the Office of Access and Enrollment. Notifications will be sent between March 25 and 28 to provide instructions on how to retrieve results.
Below is a complete timeline of dates related to the Selection phase for ninth grade applicants. It has also been posted in the ‘Important Dates’ section of the GoCPS home page where you can monitor for future updates.
· March 29: First-round results released
· April 12: Deadline to accept or decline first-round offers
· April 17: First-round waitlist process opens
· April 29: Second-round application process opens
· May 6: Second-round application deadline
· May 31: Second-round results released
· June 7: Deadline to accept or decline second-round offers
· June 12: Second-round waitlist process opens
Good luck to all expectant 8th graders!
Families seeking to apply to CPS schools for 2019-2020 can begin the process to open an online GoCPS account. While the website references mostly high school (https://go.cps.edu/apply/activate), the activation process should be open for anyone interested in applying to the 4 CPS Magnet PK programs (Suder, Drummond, Mayer & Inter-American), and CPS elementary and high schools.
CPS applications for 2019-2020 officially open on October 1, 2018 and close on December 14, 2018, but there are a few things to do prior to that depending on what your status is. From ChiSchoolGPS’s latest newsletter:
“Unless you are enrolling in your assigned neighborhood school where no application is necessary, you can try for a seat at almost any other CPS school as long as you apply for a spot one year ahead of time. The first place to start that process is the CPS online application portal at go.cps.edu.
If you are applying to PK-4th grade:
- And are NOT already affiliated with CPS, first request a GoCPS Student ID # HERE.
- And are already in CPS, simply create your GoCPS account here and have your child’s CPS ID # on hand.
If you are applying to 5th-8th grade:
- And you would like to try for a selective enrollment (Classical, Gifted or Academic Center) seat but did notattend a CPS school last year, then apply for Fall NWEA MAP testing HERE by September 7th to take the MAP eligibility exams in September.
- And you DID attend a CPS school last year OR you are a non-CPS student who only wants to apply to magnet or open enrollment schools, then simply ACTIVATE your GoCPS account.
If you are applying to 9th grade:
- And did NOT attend CPS in 7th grade but would like to apply for selective enrollment, magnet, IB, military or CTE programs, then register for NWEA MAP testing HERE by Sept. 7th to see if you qualify for those programs.
- And you were a CPS 7th grade student last year OR you are a non-CPS 8th grade student interested only in Charter or programs with no academic minimums, then simply go ACTIVATE your GoCPS account.”