Skinner West Registration

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Peter

For those who have accepted an offer from Skinner West Classical, have you received a welcome letter or any registration details? We noticed on their website that new student registration opens this week.

• #14463 Reply
      skk

When I enrolled my child I recall I got nothing for quite a while and ended up emailing them.  The current newsletter says new student registration starts June 20th.  The forms needed are listed on the website.

• #14472 Reply
      Neesjone

We haven’t gotten anything either. I cant even find when the actual school start date is.
      Aftercare is also full apparently?

This dosent bode well for the experience there honestly. We might just pull our kid.

• #14480 Reply
        Peter

This is what I found on their newsletter from their website.

• CPS Schools and Offices are Closed: Monday, June 20 (Juneteenth National Freedom Day Observation)
        • New Student Registration: Jun 20 – Aug 11
        • Skinner Virtual LSC Meeting: Thursday, June 21, 5:30 PM
        • First Day of School: Monday, August 22, 2022
      • #14500 Reply
        Peter

We were able to scheduled a registration appointment with the front office for next week.

• #14591 Reply
      Miguel

Anyone get anything for registration yet?!? Still zip from SW.

• #14593 Reply
        BridgeportDad
        Participant

We registered our daughter at the end of June but have yet to hear anything back. I suggest calling the main office and scheduling a registration date.

There is a meet and great with teacher and school supply dropoff on 8/19 from 9-12. Afterwards there is a popsicle playdate at skinner park hosted by friends of skinner west. I found this all through Facebook.

• #14598 Reply
      Miguel

Thanks!

• #14601 Reply
      Mary

Hi,

I registered my child on June 20th but have yet to hear anything from the school since registration. I was told that there will be a orientation meet but so far I heard nothing. I emailed the school in regrets to when the meet will be but the staff only responded by saying it’ll be in August towards the start of school but no date mentioned. Also, I checked the website and the only update I saw was the supplies list and drop off date for the supplies.

Btw, my nephew had attended there for a few years. My sister’s advice is to not drop off labeled personal supplies along with the shared/donate supplies because they “lose” them. Just put the labeled supplies in your child’s backpack when they attend. Even though labeled, somehow they “misplace” it. Happened to her more than once and it’s annoying to go out and buy again and label again.

• #14611 Reply
      Miguel

So school starts next week.

And they haven’t sent out any sort of info to parents other than the school supplies list.

They have an orientation this week but it’s in the middle of the work day.

What a great start to the year. I just hope it’s extenuating circumstances and not the norm.

• #14618 Reply
      …parent

I am sorry to say it is normal.   It is not a reflection on the teachers or the quality of the teaching.  It is not even to say that the admin. staff are not nice, well meaning people.  It is just the way the school is run – it’s like they are overwhelmed or something, or they know they have a captive audience so it is just not a priority.  I wish it were different, but this is just how Skinner is, in my experience.  By the way Skinner also has a much longer supply list than most other CPS.

Viewing 7 reply threads
Reply To: Skinner West Registration
Your information: