Questions about tests for classical and gifted schools for 1st grade.

Home Forums Chicago Public Schools (CPS) CPS Elementary Schools Selective Enrollment Elementary Schools (SEES) Questions about tests for classical and gifted schools for 1st grade.

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 day, 1 hour ago by 99sunnyday.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      99sunnyday
      Participant

Hi.

I am glad  this website available! We moved to Chicago early this year and I am still learning about Chicago public school system. My son is currently in Kindergarten and we are preparing tests for SEES(classical and RGC) for 1st grade. I’ve heard that if children applying for 1st grade programs are tested in groups and also child will fill in the bubble answer during the test. Is that correct? Also, do we need to schedule two appointments for the both tests?  I would be appreciated any advice here.

Thank you!

• This topic was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by 99sunnyday.
    • #11578 Reply
      jazzman

yes that is correct do it as a group and they do have to do fill in bubble questions so make sure they are comfortable doing that and staying on that line of possible bubble answers. No penalties for wrong answers so guessing is encouraged if they dont know the answer.

• #11595 Reply
        99sunnyday
        Participant

Thank you very much for your reply, Jazzman!

Also, do you know how many kids will be in the group during the test? Will an examiner read the questions? or will kids need to read the question themselves?

Thank you again. Your answer is super helpful!

• This reply was modified 1 day, 1 hour ago by 99sunnyday.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: Questions about tests for classical and gifted schools for 1st grade.
Your information: