Skinner classical

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      2mom2015

We accepted a kindergarten skinner west classical offer.  Any ideas for a timeline when we should hear from them regarding parent information/forms for new students?    The magnet we were offered had already emailed us – we declined Galileo.

Also any feedback or advice for a new family at skinner west is appreciated!  We are considering utilizing an AM bus for our 5 year old – but seems a little daunting not knowing what happens at the other end when they arrive at school.

Ty everyone for your time!

• #12395 Reply
      Chicago Born

Last year I  know from another family,  Skinner West was late with contacting new students. Good luck

• #12398 Reply
        2mom2015

Ty!   That’s a bit what I was thinking would happen. 🙂   I appreciate confirmation.  Good luck to you too!

• #12396 Reply
      CPS21

Got an offer at SW for 7th grade classical any feedback? Also what’s the earliest one can drop off at the school?

• #12397 Reply
        2mom2015

We asked this question too for kindergarten drop time.  We were told due to covid this year the drop times were assigned – kindergarten was 8:45am.   Not sure about others.   That said – they told us usually is 8AM at the earliest for all grades.   But they do not know yet for Fall what covid protocols will be in place.

• #12400 Reply
          CPS21

Thanks, just frustrating for working parents. We are just trying to figure out timing.

• #12402 Reply
            2mom2015

We are considering utilizing a cps bus, in case they do not have the 8am drop for everyone in Fall.  You have to be within a certain range 1.5 to 6?/8? Miles from skinner.   From what I read online – it seems it works well after the first 1-2 weeks – something about getting the route established.  The deadline per cps website to apply for a bus is June 20 – if you want a stop for the first day.  And it seems you can decline service at any time and you can arrange for before or after school or both.

• #12399 Reply
      Mm mom

We accepted skinner classical as well! It is kind of nuts how little information is out there. Any feedback on experiences, teachers, curriculum would be appreciated 🙂

• #12401 Reply
        2mom2015

Awesome! Congrats!  I know it was a relief for us (in some ways) to see the offer from Skinner.  I get the feeling we will be waiting awhile for more information directly from them – although some other posters on here seem to be in the same boat (Decatur families).  🙂

• #12404 Reply
      Aparajita Das

Looking for more info on skinner west kindergarten classical program. I am still debating if want to accept the offer.

• #12517 Reply
      Skinner mom

I have been a Skinner mom for many years. Happy to answer any questions. I believe registration is open on their website.

• #12531 Reply
      CPS2021

Has there been any communication from SW for those who accepted? I haven’t received anything.

Viewing 6 reply threads
Reply To: Skinner classical
Your information: