Home › Forums › Chicago Public Schools (CPS) › CPS Elementary Schools › Magnet & Open Enrollment (Choice) Elementary Schools › Spring 2020 Choice ES Waitlisted
- This topic is empty.
05/08/2020 at 2:23 pm #10814momof2rp
no offers from any of our schools unfortunately.. anyone know how the waitlist works?? we’re hopeful for our chances with stone, but not sure how the tiers work!!? any thoughts???
solomon waitlist #93
stone (tier 2) waitlist #1
ravenswood waitlist #494
rogers waitlist #32
05/08/2020 at 2:42 pm #10817JE
Sorry, tried to copy and paste from my excel spreadsheet and that didn’t work out.
05/08/2020 at 4:19 pm #10826skb
Any PK families here?
We got an offer at Suder Montessori.
05/08/2020 at 9:33 pm #10867Miranda
Congrats! Pre-k 3 here. We are #7, tier 4 waitlist at Suder and #183 proximity at Drummond.
Have you heard much about Suder? I didn’t tour before all this craziness and don’t know much about Suder other than it’s a Montessori school.
05/09/2020 at 5:05 pm #10933SZ
We got an offer from Suder too. Would love to hear from parents with any Suder experience.
05/09/2020 at 5:06 pm #10934SZ
Sorry forgot to mention- for pre-k
05/09/2020 at 6:07 pm #10938Nicole F.
We have 5 year old twins going to Kindergarten:
We got an offer at Talcott, definitely accepting it until we get an offer from any of the ones below. Our dream school is STEM but I’m not sure if there are 19 people around our area that will decline such an awesome school. What are the chances for these waitlists?
Waitlisted on the following:
1. Suder #2 and 3
2. Mitchell #7 and 8
3. Galileo #11 and 12
4. STEM #20/21 Proximity
5. LaSalle #20/21
05/09/2020 at 6:08 pm #10939Nicole F.
We toured Suder, it is very impressive. It is a Montessori so if this is something you like go for it! We are #2 on the waitlist!
05/09/2020 at 7:55 pm #10941SZ
Thanks! Hope you get in your choice of school👍
05/09/2020 at 9:42 pm #10942Robins
My daughter got offered RGC at Pritzker. How is Pritzker RGC ? Currently, she is STEM (lottery) and we are happy! If I accept the Pritzker then current school STEM admit will be cancelled? Please suggest us
05/11/2020 at 10:22 am #10992TAF
Alright, any insight would be extremely helpful! We’re looking at 1st grade:
Offer at Suder (accepted, though we’re staying on a few waitlists).
Galileo – 27
Mitchell – 18
Sheridan – 23
Healy – 58
I didn’t list anything that was 100+. A few questions, if anyone knows: do Galileo or Sheridan’s waitlists typically move a lot? Also, we accepted Suder because we love the idea of a Montessori program, but I couldn’t help but notice the abysmal scores and rankings it receives (greatschools, schooldigger, etc.). Does anyone know why this is? Is this actually a reflection of the quality of the education at the school?
05/11/2020 at 11:34 am #10994Eugene
Does anyone have any thoughts or insights into Jackson Language Academy? We received an offer and accepted, although we are on several waitlists. (For you folks waiting on Suder, we just declined our Round 1 Suder offer, so at least one spot has opened up!)
#2 on waitlist for STEM, which we’re interested in as well. Wondering how likely it is that we’ll be offered a spot… We’re on the “Tier 3” waitlist specifically.
This is for kindergarten, although our hope is to leave our daughter (and eventually her younger brother) at whichever school we choose K-8. Don’t want to have to do this all over again!
05/11/2020 at 11:48 am #10995LakeviewMom
@momof2rp The waitlists for magnets move per tier, so if anyone from Tier 2 who was offered a spot at Stone doesn’t accept, then your child will be offered that spot.
@NicoleF & @TAF To get a ballpark idea how much the waitlists move, I found Jennifer’s post #9986 from last year helpful: https://chicagoschooloptions.com/forums/topic/spring-2019-es-lottery-results/#post-9986. That said, it doesn’t include the specific schools you both listed, so may not be of much help to you.
05/11/2020 at 12:19 pm #10997hopefulmom
We were on the Tier 3 waitlist for STEM last year and it moved quite a bit, although not enough to get us a spot. #3 sounds very promising, Luckily you can accepte Jackson and still stay on the witlist for STEM. I would think you will get a call about STEM in the next month or so.
05/11/2020 at 12:54 pm #11000IPMom
We are on the waitlist for all schools applied for K. Most curious about:
Pritzker – 14
STEM – 18, Tier 3
Disney 2 – 38, Proximity
McPherson – 52
Does anyone know about movement for any of these? Positive or negative thoughts? Thanks!
05/11/2020 at 2:15 pm #11002ChicagoBorn
For information purposes to help those waiting for Round 2 offers to Kindergarten. We are Tier 4
SEES – Poe Classical offered and we will accept
Galileo – offered but we will decline
Jackson A – 5
Mount Greenwood – 8
Turner-Drew – 1
STEM Magnet – 35
Lasalle II – 24 (wailist #24 must not be that high as we also received an email from the school about their virtual open house next week. They stated we had a low waitlist number and to be keep an eye on our Go CPS account beginning May 29th so that may be date schools start pulling from waitlist)
For humor I will note our child’s high waitlist numbers
Skinner West – 790
South Loop – 391
Best wishes everyone !
05/11/2020 at 2:16 pm #11003ChicagoBorn
See above. So we will be removed from the waitlists and this will open up for others.
05/11/2020 at 5:51 pm #11012chau
Tier 2, got 3 offers: Disney II, Newberry, and Galileo. On the waitlist as bellow:
Jackson (11, Proximity)
Stem (51, Proximity)
Lasalle (87, Tier 2)
Lasalle II (1, Tier 1)
Will likely accept Galileo as that is by us and works best logistically. Hoping on Jackson, but not sure.
South Loop (50, General)
05/11/2020 at 6:00 pm #11013chau
Going into k, sorry
05/11/2020 at 9:32 pm #11018momof2rp
thank you for clarifying!!!
05/11/2020 at 10:17 pm #11019NH
We are new to Chicago and the school system is a little overwhelming. We are Tier 4, got one offer at Agassiz and got waitlisted in a few others that we prefer based on proximity and reviews etc.
Pulaski – 18
Newberry – 18
Alcott – 78
our neighborhood school is Ogden which we have heard mixed reviews about. Any experience or thoughts on any of the schools ? Including Ogden or Agassiz ?
Also suggestions on how to handle round 2?
thank you in advance !!
05/11/2020 at 10:19 pm #11020NH
sorry – This is for kindergarten
05/12/2020 at 10:26 am #11025UKVillage Mom
For K, tier 4, we received offers from Bronzeville Classical and Suder.
Does anyone have any information to share about Bronzeville?
Waitlist #s are as follows:
Burr – 5
Lincoln – 38
Hawthorne – 39
Jackson – 109
Mitchell – 120
We really, really wanted to get into Mitchell. Is it still possible?
Is Lincoln possible?
Also, for PK-3, we were accepted to Suder and are waitlisted #8 for Drummond. Any hope on that front?
05/12/2020 at 10:33 am #11026LakeviewMom
I would say that the chance for Drummond is low. Two years ago when we were applying for PK-3, we were waitlisted #4 for Tier 4 at Drummond and had high hopes. That waitlist moved up only one spot all summer; we remained at #3 throughout with no offer.
05/12/2020 at 1:51 pm #11032UKVillage Mom
Thanks for the info, LakeviewMom. That helps set expectations and planning in case we decide to send the kindergartner to a different school.
05/12/2020 at 1:56 pm #11033UKVillage Mom
We also got a PK-3 offer from Suder.
05/12/2020 at 2:21 pm #11036Elizabeth
You will probably get a call from McPherson at some point but it may be further into the summer. People move around a lot. My son is currently in kindergarten at McPherson and he loves his teacher. I am happy with her as well. The principal tries to keep the class sizes small. His kindergarten class has 18 kids.
05/12/2020 at 2:24 pm #11037Elizabeth
This was for IP mom. Not sure why it didn’t reply to her post.
05/12/2020 at 3:49 pm #11040Avondale
For K, we received
Waters – 21
Bateman – 14
Brentano – 67
I assume we will get a Bateman offer at some point. Any chance at all on Waters? We’re really hoping for that. Anyone know if they’ll have more spots / movement this year because of the addition? Seems like Brentano’s wait list didn’t move much last year so I assume that’s out of reach.
05/12/2020 at 9:34 pm #11048Uptown mom
For K we got these the lowest the rest schools 100 and more
Stone Tire 4. – 12
Waters – 28
Ravenswood – 60
Any chances we may get in, even in winter?
05/13/2020 at 8:13 pm #11065ES
Disney now has a new principal, so there probably will be some changes, but with the old one, a child could get kicked out of the gifted program mid year based on the NWEA test scores even in Kindergarten.
In SEES, once you are in, you are in.
Also regarding wait list movements, 2 years ago, we were 58 tier 4 and got an offer in August which we declined. I imagine it is about the same each year.
05/13/2020 at 9:16 pm #11074Cpsahead
Mu daughter was 30 at Stone 4 years ago and got offer mid June. I think you have a good chance there.
05/14/2020 at 5:49 pm #11096Bridgeport Dad
Our experience last year with Sheridan, and almost all the Bridgeport elementary schools, was hardly any movement. We started at 117 on Sheridan’s list last year and didn’t move up at all until after the school year started. The exception was J Ward, where we moved from 98 to 2 over the course of the summer and got an offer.
Hopefully you have better luck than we had last year.
05/14/2020 at 5:59 pm #11097Kennedy’s Mom
Anyone familiar with the movement at LaSalle II and overall the school? Currently waitlist number #8 for 3rd Grade. Received email from principal regarding open house and meeting 3rd grade teachers virtually due to low number. Also, principal made mention May 29th the list moves. Currently at Disney I and looking to leave. Lasalle II appear to have a great school community and also appear to be pretty good academically as well. Any inside info on them would be greatly appreciated.
05/15/2020 at 9:47 pm #11116Kiaroosmom
Anyone just finish kindergarten at Lasalle Language Academy or National Teachers Academy’s gifted program? Looking for some insight. Thank you!
05/17/2020 at 6:27 pm #11139Ag
Hi, do you know if the list exist somewhere how many students were accepted each school in magnet cluster and open enrollment schools. I am trying to get to it. Do you know how to request it? I have learned that some schools in those categories did not accept students in years… like 10 years so I could not understand why those schools would be part of lotteries. I find that practice deceiving.
05/19/2020 at 10:32 am #11157Eugene
Anyone know when (and how often) they will start to update the waitlist positions on GoCPS?
05/21/2020 at 8:30 am #11183UKVillage Mom
We just declined our offer for Suder Montessori for Kindergarten, so those of you on the waitlist will move up!
05/22/2020 at 11:32 pm #11206Melody Russ
We are tier 1 wait list number 7 for Drummond Pre-K. Does anybody have any stories that might give us hope? Thanks
05/29/2020 at 10:38 am #11228Bo
Does anyone know if/when the waitlist numbers get updated? I checked gocps and mine are the same as before.
05/29/2020 at 11:04 am #11229momof2rp
<p style=”text-align: left;”>just checked ours, too.. it looks like it hasn’t been updated for us yet! waiting anxiously!</p>
05/29/2020 at 12:12 pm #11230abc123
My daughter is #5 General on the Coonley kindergarten waitlist. My sense is that they do not draw any non-siblings from the list, but does anyone know?
My waitlist numbers didn’t move today either.
05/29/2020 at 1:20 pm #11231MAMA
We accepted first round offer from Edison but just got an e-mail offer from McPherson magnet. I am guessing this is round 2? We were number 25 on the waitlist and in tier 4.
05/29/2020 at 3:15 pm #11232ChicagoBorn
We accepted 1st round offer to Poe Classical and declined Galileo Magnet. However Galileo still called us this week saying they were happy to hear we accepted. Immediately told them we did not accept Galileo in a polite way and they appreciated it and apologized for the confusion. Called OAE and Poe and both have our child confirmed at Poe Classical for Kindergarten.
I checked our other magnet Choice wait list and we have not moved. Maybe there was a mix up this week as I was definitely surprised to have two schools believing we accepted both when that is not possible. In the go.cps site if you accept your SEES and it automatically declines any Choice offers.
Good luck all… maybe the no movement for many on the wait lists means OAE is still managing the offers and accepts/declines.
05/29/2020 at 8:31 pm #11236SchoolStuff
No movement on any of our 17 waitlists today. Sounds like we are not alone. Sigh.
05/30/2020 at 4:25 pm #11243Anxious Esteban
First time parent here for the entire process, our child will be going into kindergarten— we were waitlisted on all our schools— however last week we rec’d an email about round 2 and how to register… just to clarify as the messaging is really confusing— we didn’t need to enter ourselves into a round 2 did we? After doing as much reading as we could, we decided on no action.
However since as of today (5/30) our waitlist numbers are unchanged, we’re getting this sinking feeling that we screwed up… or should we just be patient? Two of our schools, our child is 20 or lower on waitlist.
Somebody talk us off the ledge that we didn’t drop the ball– to clarify, we did register for round 1. Thanks
05/30/2020 at 7:13 pm #11244Didn’t drop it
You are ok. Numbers didn’t change for anyone yet in the system.